My hot takes on the Switch:
- The overall design, with the Joy-Cons being separate from the main heat-generating tablet part, is a genius way of preventing the system from warming up your hands while playing in ‘portable’ mode.
- Getting in and out of games is very snappy. Much quicker than a modern smartphone/tablet plus a high-end game.
- Resuming games is crazy quick. Again, much quicker than a smartphone/tablet
- I love using the Joy-Cons separated, one in each hand. It’s very comfortable and I can see this type of controller configuration catching on in the other consoles, just as motion controls did after the Wii.
- Lack of any Virtual Console on launch is definitely disappointing and a missed opportunity to fill in the launch lineup gaps.
Anyone else manage to snag a Switch?! What do you think?